In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented additional infection control procedures to best protect our patients and staff. These enhanced safety measures include:
- N95 masks, surgical masks, plastic face shields, isolation gowns, and head covers for all dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants
- Advanced HEPA air purifiers continuously running to completely filter and purify the air multiple times each hour throughout the office
- One extra-oral dental aerosol suction unit and two disinfecting UV lamps for each treatment room
- Sneeze guards at both reception desks as an additional barrier of protection between patients and front office staff
- Cleaning with special COVID-19 disinfectants in all common spaces, including reception areas, counters, door knobs, bathrooms, etc., throughout the day
- In addition, every patient will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute prior to beginning treatment to vastly reduce bacteria and viruses from the mouth.
Please note there will be a $10 enhanced infection control fee for each patient at each visit so that we can continue to provide and maintain the highest level of safety for you.
We have also made some operational changes to allow for proper patient screening and social distancing. Here's what to expect when it is time for your next appointment:
Scheduling an appointment
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing and thorough disinfection between patients.
- We will do our best to accommodate all patients and thank you in advance for understanding the value of your appointment. There will be a $50 charge for cancellations within 48 hours and no-show appointments.
Prior to your appointment
- Even if you have confirmed your appointment by email or text, our office will still call you the day before your appointment to ask you some COVID-19 screening questions.
- You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office the next day to make sure there are no changes. We will be screening all of our staff daily as well.
Checking in for your appointment
- Please stay in your car after you have parked. Call our office to let us know that you have arrived (248-669-2311).
- We will call you when it’s time for you to come inside for your appointment. We ask that you please wait outside until your treatment room is disinfected and ready for you. Following this protocol will eliminate or at least minimize the number of patients in the reception area.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments may enter our office. Anyone accompanying patients to their appointment must remain in their cars or outside at least 6 feet away from others.
- All patients are required to wear masks in the office when they are not receiving treatment. All staff members are required to wear masks as well.
- Before you enter our office, we will take your temperature with a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- We will also ask you to use hand sanitizer provided by our team when you enter the office and before you leave.